Deliciously fast dinner rolls
Today I give you the recipe for the easiest and most deliciously fast dinner rolls I have ever made.
I love to cook and take my time in the kitchen preparing dishes that take some more effort and time than normal. However, I do also have days where I am not into complicated and spending a lot of time in my kitchen. Days where I am in a rush or maybe with less energy.
These deliciously fast dinner rolls are actually perfect for all days. Perfect because they are fast to make. Further, they are so good that you could easily add them as a special dish to a dinner with more complicated things. People will be impressed and think that you have spent a lot of time in the kitchen preparing it all.
But what is it that makes them so easy and so good?
They are easy and fast to make because I use a higher water temperature than normal when I mix it with the yeast. This way the proofing of the yeast is shorter and you can quickly move further to the next step.
NB. The water really needs to be very hot. around 50 degrees C will be good. The use of a digital thermometer is preferable so you can make sure you are doing it right. If you have a too high temperature you risk killing the proofing process and if the water is too cold your dough won’t rise enough and you will then get a hard dinner roll instead.
They are delicious because I brush the rolls with a garlic-, herb- and butter mixture before baking them. That way they get a nice golden color on the top of the rolls, as well as a lot of taste, and they get a small crust on the outside with a light and fluffy inside. Just the way I like it.
Well enough talk. Time to share the recipe with you. I hope you will like it.
Delicious fast dinner rolls
- 310 ml warm water (Around 50 degrees C)
- 50 gr granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp yeast (instant or platinum works great)
- 80 ml canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg (large)
- 425 gr all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Basil (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 glove garlic (granulated)
- 25 gr parmesan cheese (grated )
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick liner and set aside
- Combine the yeast with warm water and sugar in a large bowl – allow it to proof for approx 2-5 minutes.
- Add in oil, salt, egg and flour and mix until well combined. (ayoucan add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.)
- Separate the dough into 16 equal sized pieces and shape into rolls
- Place on a prepared baking sheet and let them rise for approx 5-10 minutes in a warm place.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave
- Add the herbs, garlic and salt to the butter and mix well.
- Brush the raised rolls with the melted butter mixture and make sure you get all the herbs on the bread rolls as well. That is what gives a lot of flavour.
- Finally, sprinkle the rolls with the grated parmesan cheese
- Bake the rolls for about 18-20 minutes in a preheated oven
- Let the rolls cool down a bit before serving.
I hope you will enjoy these deliciously fast dinner rolls. Let me know if you have any questions or what you think of them.