In my search for healthy snacks I found this recipe; spinach and sweet potato muffin. I gave it a try and I absolutely love them. They are lightly clammy with a little bit sweetness from the potato and saltyness from the Parmesan cheese. Very healthy and full of flavours.
If you want to try them yourself I here leave you the recipe. They are very easy to make and the preparation cost you only about 30-40 minutes.
100 g young spinach leaves
180 g flour
3 tsp baking powder
150g sweet potato (peeled and grated)
60 g sun-dried tomatoes (pot drained and cut into pieces)
30 g parmesan cheese (grated)
150 ml skimmed milk
2 tbsp olive oil
muffin pan with 12 holes
What to do:
- Line the muffin pan with baking paper. Cut 24 squares from the greaseproof paper and place 2 on top of each other in each hole in the muffin pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Do the young leaf spinach in a bowl and pour boiling water over it. Let stand for 10 seconds, drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze excess water from the spinach and chop finely.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Stir the young leaf spinach, sweet potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese through.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and the oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the spinach mixture and blend it all together.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven until the muffins are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the muffins from the tin and leave to cool.
- Tip: It is possible to freeze these muffins. wrap them separately in foil.
For a PDF file of the recipe please click here.